information ABOUT AGRA CATHOLIC DIOCESE SAMAJ SEVA SANSTHA
Agra Catholic Diocese Samaj Seva Sanstha (ACDSSS) of the Archdiocese of Agra came into existence in 1993. The main thrust of ACDSSS is to organize various socio-economic, educational and health- promoting activities aimed at improving the quality of life of the deprived and under privileged people of the society. 15 districts of Uttar Pradesh and 2 of Rajastan form the work area of ACDSSS.
Operational Area of ACDSSS
The operational areas of the organization are Firozabad, Tundla, Kasganj, Mathura, Khandauli, Fathehabad and Shamshabad blocks of Agra district. Over all we have adopted above 150 villages. We also work for the children with disabilities of Missionaries of charity Agra.
In these areas major population falls under the category of below poverty line (BPL) and constitutes of SC and backward class people. In these areas even the basic amenities of the life is not available and people are being suppressed for long years.
Since 1993 organization has been intervening and putting tremendous effort for the upliftment of these downtrodden people of the society and following the policy of philanthropist.
Vision of ACDSSS
Visualize a humane society based on the values of equality, distributive justice, secularism, love brotherhood, peace, respect and dignity.
Mission OF ACDSSS
To strive for humane society of sustainable development based on the principles of equality, distributive justice and secularism in solidarity with the marginalized through empowerment process.
Objectives of Organization1. To promote the community development programs in order to ensure the economic empowerment in rural and urban areas.
2. To promote the educational empowerment in rural and urban areas among the children, adolescent girls, men and women.
3. To promote the health awakening through intensive awareness programs in all sections of rural and urban societies especially of women and children.
4. To organize in a permanent fashion the infrastructure necessary for speedy relief at the shortest possible notice and to work for their rehabilitation.
5. To organize the ways and means to promote the rehabilitation, rights, education and other facilities for the children with disabilities to ensure the dignity in their lives.
6. To help in devising the schemes and projects and executing them to ensure the sustainable development in rural and urban areas.
7. To promote the relief to the victims of natural calamites like earthquake, floods etc.
Focus Area of ACDSSS1. Community Based Rehabilitation of people with disabilities
2. Empowerment of women through training programmes
3. Capacity Building
4. Vocational Training
5. Resource Mobilization
6. Non Formal Education Centers
7. Work for children with disabilities
8. Panchayati Raj Issues / Resource mobilization
9. Promotion of Income Generation Programme
10. Self Help Group’s Formation
11. Health awareness for the general public
12. Gender Issues & Rights of the marginalized
13. Eradication of Child Labour
14. Awareness on Women & Adolescent Rights